31. Norse Paganism’s Nazi Problem
This month we’re attempting to tackle a topic I’ve had on the list for a while: Norse Paganism’s Nazi problem. It’s not exactly the most fun thing in the world, but after a certain shirtless idiot was amongst the rioters that attempted to overthrow the United States government at the capitol on January 6th, I just couldn’t put it off any longer. I don’t know how helpful this episode is, but it definitely made me feel better to yell about it for twenty minutes.
So I guess that’s something.
- ABC15 Arizona News Story
- Heathens respond to “Q-Shaman” and Norse Imagery in Capitol Riot
- Opinion: Heathenry Must Become an Anti-Racist Religion
- SPLC: New Brand of Racist Odinist Religion on the March
- White supremacists are killing in the name of an ancient Nordic religion
- What To Do When Racists Try To Hijack Your Religion
- Minnesota town votes to allow white supremacist church
- Poem: No Nazis in Valhalla by Lee Bradford
Music: “So I Said It,” “The Man With One Eye,” “Untitled Nonsense” (Trae Dorn) / “Jaracanda,” Random Loops (Apple Music Library)